Power lift recliners are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely want better freedom. This page will advise you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift seat. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We do not work for any lift chair manufacturer and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift seat would be the appropriate one for you.
Lansing, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These recliners are equally as great as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there’s generally no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero-Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there isn’t any point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We don’t advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any position. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Lansing, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift chair afterward also, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are just great for the first owner other than that, it is speculative. We urge individuals purchase a new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Lansing, MI
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. Nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality product.