Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for specific kinds of lift seats. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the correct one for you.
Las Cruces, NM Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even totally flat. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Las Cruces, NM Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. Hence, it is better to purchase a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner apart from that, it’s risky. We urge people purchase a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Las Cruces, NM
Besides being available at a variety of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to discover a quality product as most of the things are American furniture.