Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Lincoln, NE? This guide will walk you through all you have to know in order to be an informed lift chair consumer. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Lincoln, NE Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the typical cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these features, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Lincoln, NE Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift chair afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. Other than that, it really is risky as guarantees are only great for the first owner. We recommend individuals buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Lincoln, NE
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.