Do you need to buy a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Longmont, CO Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even completely level. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie flat for use as a bed. The average price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Longmont, CO Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift seat later too. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. Besides that, it is risky as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We recommend individuals buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Longmont, CO
Besides being accessible at many different local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to discover a quality product as most of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.