Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or merely need better freedom. This site will educate you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift seat. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you need to understand about lift chairs.
Los Angeles, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are just as good as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added plus, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even entirely level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the average price for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Los Angeles, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Consequently, it’s better to purchase a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can just sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners commence at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for individuals and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Besides that, used lift seats seldom carry a warranty whereas a fresh one does. It’s recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift chair instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Los Angeles, CA
Besides being available at a variety of local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to find a quality product as nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.