Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical cost for certain kinds of lift seats. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We do not work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you have to know about lift recliners.
Lynn, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re good for. These recliners are just not as bad as locally purchased seats as delivery is free. As an additional plus, there’s typically no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even fully level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for people who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Lynn, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to buy a low end elevator chair than lease one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats infrequently whereas a fresh one does carry a warranty. It’s recommended that you buy a new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Lynn, MA
Besides being accessible at many different local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as most of the items are American furniture.