Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely desire better liberty. These pages will educate you on how much each type of lift seat should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift seat. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to learn which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
Malden, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These chairs are equally as great as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added plus, there’s normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest price two position although the average price for a three position lift seat lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally uncomfortable. We do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Malden, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift chair afterwards also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are usually around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it’s insecure as warranties are just good for the first owner. We urge people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they are considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Malden, MA
Besides being accessible at a number of local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift chairs. Most of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.