Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just desire better mobility. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for specific kinds of lift seats. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We usually do not work for any lift chair manufacturer and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the right one for you.
Manhattan, KS Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it is not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their footrest can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. They also can lie flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Manhattan, KS Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Hence, it is better to buy a low end lift chair than rent one. One can simply sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it is uncertain as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We advocate people buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Manhattan, KS
Besides being accessible at a variety of local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality product as nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.