Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just desire better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for certain types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the correct one for you.
Manteca, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even totally level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Manteca, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to buy a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Other than that, it really is uncertain as guarantees are only great for the first owner. We advocate people buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re considering an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Manteca, CA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at various local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.