Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Medford, MA? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a maker’s guarantee should be. This page finishes with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Medford, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just as great as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an additional bonus, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to spend less, there’s no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Medford, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Therefore, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift chairs infrequently whereas a fresh one does carry a warranty. It is suggested that you purchase a new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Medford, MA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. The vast majority of the items are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality merchandise.