Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Medford, OR? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Medford, OR Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. These chairs are just as great as chairs that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Medford, OR Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift seat afterward too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats seldom carry a guarantee whereas a brand new one does. It is recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift chair rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Medford, OR
Besides being accessible at a variety of local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. The vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality product.