Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much it should cost. We’ll also teach you how a manufacturer’s guarantee should be. This site finishes with tips on where you can buy lift seats locally, if you want to not purchase one online.
Mount Prospect, IL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added plus, there’s normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even entirely flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero-Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to spend less, there is no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it is not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Mount Prospect, IL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. Hence, it is better to buy a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can simply sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it is high-risk as warranties are just great for the first owner. We urge individuals buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Mount Prospect, IL
Besides being accessible at various local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. Nearly all the items are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality merchandise.