Do you desire to purchase a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you must know in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We’ll coach you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a maker’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Mount Vernon, NY Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even fully flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for people who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the typical cost for a three position lift seat lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any position. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these features, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Mount Vernon, NY Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you want it for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift chair afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift seat if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it’s uncertain as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We recommend people buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Mount Vernon, NY
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality product as nearly all the things are American furniture.