Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or simply want better mobility. These pages will educate you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift seat. This page has pricing info along with retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you must know about lift seats.
New York, NY Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These recliners are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there’s generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for people that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Their footrest can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – New York, NY Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to buy a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a new lift chair or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift seats can be purchased on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same cost as an used lift chair. Besides that, used lift chairs rarely whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It is suggested that you purchase a brand new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in New York, NY
Besides being available at a number of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. Nearly all the items are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise.