Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only want better freedom. This page will advise you on how much each type of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We usually do not work for any lift recliner manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the correct one for you.
Normal, IL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even entirely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for people who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. They also can lie flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Normal, IL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. So, it’s better to buy a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can just sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Apart from that, it really is risky as warranties are just great for the first owner. We urge people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Normal, IL
Besides being available at various local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.