Do you need to buy a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We’ll coach you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
North Charleston, SC Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even fully flat. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average price for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. They also can lie flat to be used as a bed. The typical price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – North Charleston, SC Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Thus, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are usually around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner besides that, it really is risky. We urge individuals purchase a new entry level lift seat recliner if they are contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in North Charleston, SC
Besides being available at various local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to find a quality product as the vast majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.