Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much it should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Omaha, NE Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These recliners are just as great as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is typically no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Omaha, NE Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Thus, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can simply sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Apart from that, it really is uncertain as warranties are only good for the first owner. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they may be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Omaha, NE
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a variety of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as most of the things are American furniture.