Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. These pages will educate you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We do not work for any lift chair manufacturer and are biased against all. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the right one for you.
Owensboro, KY Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is normally no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero-Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest price two position although the typical cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. They also can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Owensboro, KY Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift chair later too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it’s risky as guarantees are only great for the first owner. We recommend individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Owensboro, KY
Besides being accessible at a variety of local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise as most of the things are American furniture.