Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Palm Bay, FL? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift chairs, purchasing or renting one, and where to do that. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Palm Bay, FL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Palm Bay, FL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Clearly, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift chair after also, if you need it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it is risky as warranties are just great for the first owner. We recommend people buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Palm Bay, FL
Besides being available at a number of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. Nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality product.