Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Passaic, NJ? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift seats, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much stuff should cost. We will also educate you on how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. This site ends with information on where you can buy lift seats locally, if you wish to not buy one online.
Passaic, NJ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even entirely level. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Passaic, NJ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months, you can even sell the lift chair later too. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same price as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats rarely whereas a brand new one does carry a guarantee. It really is recommended that you purchase a brand new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Passaic, NJ
Besides being accessible at a variety of local shops for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. Most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality product.