Do you need to buy a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you should understand in order to be an informed lift seat consumer. We’ll teach you how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a maker’s guarantee should be. This page ends with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Peabody, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an additional incentive, there is usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their footrest can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat for use as a bed. The average price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Peabody, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair than rent one. One can simply sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner other than that, it really is speculative. We advocate people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Peabody, MA
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at many different local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift chairs. The vast majority of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise.