Do you want to buy a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you need to know in order to be an enlightened lift seat consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much it should cost. We will also educate you on how a producer’s warranty should be. This page finishes with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Pearland, TX Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These recliners are just not as bad as chairs that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an additional incentive, there’s typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there’s no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We don’t advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Pearland, TX Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This will not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. So, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than lease one. One can only sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift seats scarcely carry a warranty whereas a fresh one does. It really is recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift chair instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Pearland, TX
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local shops such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. The majority of the things are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality product.