Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or merely desire better freedom. These pages will educate you on how much each type of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We usually do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift seat would be the right one for you.
Perris, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These chairs are equally as great as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an additional bonus, there is typically no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. They also can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Perris, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift chair after also, if you want it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are just good for the first owner besides that, it’s insecure. We advocate people buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Perris, CA
Besides being accessible at various local stores for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.