Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Philadelphia, PA? This guide will walk you through all you should understand in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. We’ll also teach you how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Philadelphia, PA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are just as great as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an extra plus, there is typically no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there’s no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any location. They can also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Philadelphia, PA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. So, it is better to buy a low end lift seat than lease one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are just good for the first owner other than that, it really is high-risk. We urge individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Philadelphia, PA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as nearly all the things are American furniture.