Do you want to buy a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you must know in order to be an educated lift seat consumer. We’ll teach you how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a producer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Placentia, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These chairs are just as great as chairs that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is typically no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even fully level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for people who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it’s not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these features, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Placentia, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. So, it is better to purchase a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift chair if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. Apart from that, it is high-risk as guarantees are only good for the first owner. We advocate people purchase a new entry level lift seat recliner if they are contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Placentia, CA
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as nearly all the items are American furniture.