Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average price for specific types of lift chairs. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
Plainfield, NJ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Plainfield, NJ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift seat afterwards also, if you want it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Besides that, it’s uncertain as warranties are only great for the first owner. We advocate people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Plainfield, NJ
Besides being accessible at a number of local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality product as nearly all the items are American furniture.