Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just need better mobility. These pages will inform you on how much each type of lift seat should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We don’t work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all of them. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift chairs.
Portland, ME Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are just not as bad as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an additional bonus, there’s usually no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They can also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Portland, ME Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months, you can even sell the lift seat later also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are only good for the first owner apart from that, it’s high-risk. We advocate individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re considering an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Portland, ME
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at various local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.