Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for particular kinds of lift chairs. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you have to understand about lift chairs.
Racine, WI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. These recliners are equally as great as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an extra bonus, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Racine, WI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This will not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to buy a low end elevator chair than lease one. One can only sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are only good for the first owner apart from that, it really is high-risk. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Racine, WI
Besides being available at a number of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.