Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely desire better independence. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for certain kinds of lift seats. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We usually do not work for any lift chair manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
Revere, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even entirely level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift seat lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Revere, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to buy a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can just sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift chairs can be bought on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift seats seldom whereas a fresh one does carry a guarantee. It is strongly recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Revere, MA
Besides being accessible at a number of local shops such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality product.