Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or simply want better freedom. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for particular kinds of lift seats. This page has pricing info along with retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift seat would be the right one for you.
Rialto, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re good for. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Rialto, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Therefore, it is better to buy a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for individuals and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift chairs rarely carry a guarantee whereas a new one does. It’s recommended that you purchase a brand new entry-level lift seat instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Rialto, CA
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a number of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. The vast majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise.