Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or simply want better mobility. These pages will inform you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We do not work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the right one for you.
Richland, WA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no real savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest cost two position although the typical price for a three position lift seat lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Richland, WA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair recliner and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you want it for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift chair later too. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it is risky as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We urge individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Richland, WA
Besides being accessible at various local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as the majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.