Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely desire better mobility. These pages will educate you on how much each type of lift chair should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift chair. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We don’t work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to learn which lift seat would be the correct one for you.
Rochester Hills, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re good for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest cost two position although the typical price for a three position lift seat lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Rochester Hills, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. So, it’s better to buy a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for $500 and people on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats seldom whereas a brand new one does carry a guarantee. It is suggested that you purchase a new entry-level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Rochester Hills, MI
Besides being available at an assortment of local shops for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality merchandise as the vast majority of the things are American furniture.