Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? These pages will advise you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We don’t work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you must know about lift recliners.
Rochester, NY Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even completely level. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and they can go into any position. They can also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the cost is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Rochester, NY Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Consequently, it’s better to buy a low end lift chair than lease one. One can simply sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for people and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Besides that, used lift seats seldom whereas a brand new one does carry a guarantee. It’s recommended that you buy a brand new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Rochester, NY
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. Nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise.