Lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely want better mobility. This page will educate you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift chairs.
Rocklin, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These recliners are just as good as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for people that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the average price for a three position lift seat lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Rocklin, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift chair? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. So, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it really is speculative as warranties are only good for the first owner. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Rocklin, CA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.