Do you desire to purchase a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you need to know in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a maker’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Rosemead, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even completely level. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is excellent for individuals that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a two position lift chair — it isn’t a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We don’t advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Rosemead, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Thus, it is better to buy a low end lift seat than rent one. One can only sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner apart from that, it really is speculative. We recommend people buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Rosemead, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. Most of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality product.