Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? This site will inform you on how much each kind of lift recliner should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We usually do not work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you need to know about lift chairs.
Royal Oak, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These chairs are equally as great as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an additional plus, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Check them out for yourself.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uncomfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any location. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Royal Oak, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift seat afterwards too, if you need it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift seats can be bought for people and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same price as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats infrequently whereas a new one does carry a guarantee. It is strongly recommended that you purchase a brand new entry-level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Royal Oak, MI
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.