Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? These pages will educate you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift seat. This page has pricing info in addition to retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you must understand about lift chairs.
San Diego, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even completely flat. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for people who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average price for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat for use as a bed. The typical price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – San Diego, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift chair after too. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift seats can be bought for individuals and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift seats rarely whereas a brand new one does carry a guarantee. It really is recommended that you buy a new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in San Diego, CA
Besides being accessible at a number of local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. Nearly all the things are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.