Lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely desire better liberty. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for certain types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you need to understand about lift recliners.
San Jose, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uncomfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any location. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the cost is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – San Jose, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This will not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair than lease one. One can simply sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner other than that, it’s risky. We recommend individuals buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in San Jose, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to discover a quality product as the vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.