Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing position in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only desire better mobility. This page will educate you on how much each kind of lift recliner should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We don’t work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the right one for you.
San Leandro, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it isn’t a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – San Leandro, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you want it for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift chair afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are only good for the first owner besides that, it is high-risk. We advocate people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in San Leandro, CA
Besides being available at many different local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality product as the majority of the things are American furniture.