Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only desire better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average price for specific kinds of lift seats. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to find out which lift recliner would be the correct one for you.
Santa Ana, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These recliners are just as good as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an extra plus, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even totally flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any position. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Santa Ana, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months, you can also sell the lift chair after also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats rarely whereas a brand new one does carry a warranty. It is suggested that you purchase a new entry-level lift chair rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Santa Ana, CA
Besides being available at a variety of local stores for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality product as most of the things are American furniture.