Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or simply desire better independence. This site will inform you on how much each type of lift chair should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We don’t work for any lift recliner manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the correct one for you.
Santa Barbara, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. These recliners are equally as great as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an additional incentive, there is normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Santa Barbara, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Thus, it’s better to purchase a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Besides that, it’s high-risk as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We recommend people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Santa Barbara, CA
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a variety of local shops such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to locate a quality product as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.