Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just desire better freedom. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average cost for particular types of lift seats. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift seats.
Santee, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there’s typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Santee, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair than lease one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are only good for the first owner besides that, it really is risky. We urge individuals buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Santee, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. Nearly all the items are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality product.