Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average price for certain kinds of lift chairs. This page has pricing info as well as retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the appropriate one for you.
Scottsdale, AZ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These recliners are just not as bad as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an additional plus, there’s generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline amount, even entirely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there is absolutely no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Scottsdale, AZ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Thus, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair than rent one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are just good for the first owner apart from that, it really is high-risk. We recommend people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Scottsdale, AZ
Besides being available at many different local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. The vast majority of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality product.