Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only desire better freedom. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the typical price for certain types of lift seats. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you should know about lift seats.
Scranton, PA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an added plus, there’s normally no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners come in two position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even totally level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Scranton, PA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift chair afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it is uncertain as guarantees are only great for the first owner. We advocate people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Scranton, PA
Besides being available at various local stores for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. Most of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality merchandise.