Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in South Bend, IN? This guide will walk you through all you must understand in order to be an educated lift seat consumer. We’ll coach you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
South Bend, IN Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there’s normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is due to infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and that they can go into any position. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the cost is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – South Bend, IN Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift seat later also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats infrequently carry a guarantee whereas a new one does. It is strongly recommended that you buy a brand new entry level lift chair rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in South Bend, IN
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The majority of the items are American furniture so you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise.