Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as assisting the sitter into the sitting position. These pages will advise you on how much each kind of lift recliner should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We don’t work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
St. Peters, MO Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for individuals that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price 2 position lift chair costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uncomfortable. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – St. Peters, MO Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Hence, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair than lease one. One can simply sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it is risky as guarantees are just great for the first owner. We advocate individuals buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they are contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in St. Peters, MO
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to discover a quality product as nearly all the items are American furniture.