Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Suffolk, VA? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much it should cost. This site ends with tips on where you can buy lift seats locally, if you wish to not buy one online.
Suffolk, VA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added plus, there’s generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for people that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift seat lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their footrests can be adjusted independently of their back and that they can go into any place. They can also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Suffolk, VA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you want it for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift seat after also. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift seats can be bought for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Besides that, used lift chairs seldom whereas a brand new one does carry a warranty. It truly is recommended that you purchase a brand new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Suffolk, VA
Besides being available at an assortment of local shops for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.