Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or simply want better mobility. This page will educate you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you have to understand about lift chairs.
Surprise, AZ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These chairs are equally as great as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added plus, there’s generally no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it is not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these features, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Surprise, AZ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat than rent one. One can just sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it is risky as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We urge people purchase a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Surprise, AZ
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. The vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality merchandise.