Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or merely want better freedom. This site will advise you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
Taunton, MA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs come in two position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even entirely level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any location. They can also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the cost is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Taunton, MA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to purchase a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners commence at $250. New lift chairs can be bought on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same price as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift seats seldom carry a warranty whereas a brand new one does. It truly is recommended that you purchase a brand new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Taunton, MA
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at many different local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to find a quality product as the vast majority of the things are American furniture.