Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Vancouver, WA? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift chairs, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We will also educate you on how a producer’s warranty should be. This site ends with tips on where you can purchase lift seats locally, if you want to not purchase one online.
Vancouver, WA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners come in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even completely level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Their footrest can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Vancouver, WA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and owning a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift chair later also, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift seats seldom whereas a fresh one does carry a warranty. It is strongly recommended that you buy a new entry-level lift seat instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Vancouver, WA
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at an assortment of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as nearly all the items are American furniture.